Sunday, February 15, 2009


"PINWHEEL GONE AWRY"
I have made my first Dear Jane block (A-1)
1.0.0.28 (first blk, 28 pieces)
Second one (A-2) is almost all cut out and I will start on it soon.
This is my first attempt at doing small blocks. The blocks in the Dear Jane quilt
are 4x4, tiny for me, but not un-do-able. Is that a word??
I have put the book into a spiral notbook and also the tips on each block. I need some help
along the way.
The lighter fabric will be the MAIN back ground fabric. I have purchased a larger iron piece to iron
down the seams, this is not flat enough.
For those that do not know, this is a quilt made by Jane Stickle in 1868, during the civil war. 5,602 pieces in this quilt. She lived and died in Vermont. There are 225 patterns in the book, very sure I won't get them all done, but I will try my best. Just doing a Baby Jane.
This is only the first of many to come, I hope.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very brave to do a DJ. I think I'm just going to watch from afar while all you ladies from the list keep busy with it. Your first block looks great!!

Hunter said...

Congratulations on your first block. I've sure been having fun making them.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the blocks. I'll be looking forward to watching your progress.

Best regards,
Darilyn