Sunday, May 6, 2007

It's a New Day...... May 6,2007

It's baseball and NASCAR Racing today. Will the Yankees win in baseball and will Jeff Gordan win his 4th in a row. To early to tell on either.

I have started this BLOG to show my family, my crafting and my collections. Or anything that comes up.

To start with I have three very grown children, (Sherry, Brent, Brett) three very grown grandchildren (Jason, Sarah, Christina) and one great 10 year old great granddaughter (Ashlynn) that thinks she is grown. But what child doesn't!!

I have a wonderful husband (Garner) of almost 25 years. He does spoil me though. He is a hunter and fisherman, but above all, he is a good man. And I am proud to be his wife.
We have a few furry little people that run our lives. One is Bugsy (14 yrs old) and Joey (13 yrs old), both are Shih Tzus. We did have another Annie, my little bed and/or chair partner. She was Bugsy's sister. But last Sept we had to put her down due to a very bad heart problem that she had for 2 years and it was getting worse. I still miss her very much. Bugsy is a very hands on dog, she is spoiled rotten and so demanding. Joey is just Joey, sweet, but not overly bright. We also have a calico cat named Calli and is about 8 years old. Can't really remember when I got her. I have a strong love for horses though, use to own a few.

My Mother did not teach me much in crafting, I learned by myself what I learned. She did sew and I started out sewing at about 12, and made most of our clothes till my kids were all grown. I don't sew anymore, I am just not to fond of the patterns or the fabric now. About 18 years ago I taught myself to crochet, made quilts till everyone had plenty. This was off and on, then I took to quilting, totally by hand, quit after I started letting it get to expensive. Next I made soft sculptured cloth dolls and only quit because it was hard on my hands to STUFF. Then I played with paper for a few years.... making cards mostly, like embroidered cards, teabag folding, and many others kind. But I wanted back into something more real. So I started crocheting again and now looming (knitting without needles) and I love it. But I want to do both looming and crocheting.

I collect Cabbage Patch Kids, Holly Hobbie dolls, MIB Barbies, Tassel dolls, and stuffed animals. And books, I have over 600 books. Many read, many not. I am an avid reader, when eyes aren't bothering me. I love a good mystery, or an old Gothic suspense mystery. Do not like Love stories, just not for me. A little in a book is ok.

I also like to write. I have written a few novels, but not published and I am not looking to publish. Well, maybe one I have. It is my first and I named it "The Throwaways". I have not written much since I came back to work 2 1/2 years ago. Just no time. My mind is on work and not writing.
Enough for now. I hope to keep this going and get my photos on line as soon as possible.

No comments: